Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop monitor doubled copy screen split problem

• Please log in to reply

Cloke

Cloke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently come across a problem where my HP laptop monitor split in half and displays a duplicate image on the lower half. This issue did occur initially about 2-3 weeks ago, but went away after a couple of reboots. At this time my computer was shutting down randomly, to what I believe may have been overheating issues (which went away after I sprayed out some dust with canned air)

Recently I upgraded to Windows 7 (which I don't think had anything to do with it as it previously occurred under Vista) and was playing a movie while the video started stuttering and skipping. Computer became totally unresponsive, had to reboot. Restarted with a gray line across the middle of the screen, then BIOS loaded but everything is doubled, on the top and bottom. Image looks very interlaced and very low resolution. On top of that Windows won't load unless in Safe mode (possibly something got corrupted during restart) but that is not my concern at this point. The gray line always shows up when restarting my computer and I continuously have the split screen issue. I am including a picture to give you an idea.

This is very frustrating especially since my back-up desktop also went on the fritz with Windows corrupting itself on that machine as well. Any help please? Save me!

Attached Thumbnails

• laptop.jpg

Advertisements