I am a total Noob. (So much that I am not even sure if I am using the 'noob' word correctly) I am at my kids house and they are using a Dell Dimension E521. Well they can't boot up in NormalMode, SafeMode(any type), or Last Configuration. My biggest fear is that I lose all of their photos (that i have not backed-up in awhile)
Besides that and the iTunes library...everythign else is pretty much expendible.
I wanted to follow your recommendations above but my 1st thing is finding the right Recovery CD. I have a bunch of CDs(dvds?)in my hand but none of them say "Recovery CD".
* Dell E197FP LCD Monitor
* Dell Personal All-In-One Printer A920
* Reinstalling CyberLink PowerDVD Software
* Dell Dimension E521 Resource CD
* Reinstallation DVD (Windows XP Media Center Version 2005 with Update Rollup2
* Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to Window Vista Home Premium Express Upgrade
* Dell Windows Vista Upgrade Assistant DVD
(Thanks for any help on this...i don't have much money and would like to avoid going down to the Repair shop)