Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen wont let me boot in ANY mode...

• Please log in to reply

DaddyBravo3

DaddyBravo3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi and thanks in advance for your timie and expertise. I truly appreciate it.

I am a total Noob. (So much that I am not even sure if I am using the 'noob' word correctly) I am at my kids house and they are using a Dell Dimension E521. Well they can't boot up in NormalMode, SafeMode(any type), or Last Configuration. My biggest fear is that I lose all of their photos (that i have not backed-up in awhile) :)
Besides that and the iTunes library...everythign else is pretty much expendible.

I wanted to follow your recommendations above but my 1st thing is finding the right Recovery CD. I have a bunch of CDs(dvds?)in my hand but none of them say "Recovery CD".

I have:
* Dell E197FP LCD Monitor
* Dell Personal All-In-One Printer A920
* Reinstalling CyberLink PowerDVD Software
* Dell Dimension E521 Resource CD
* Reinstallation DVD (Windows XP Media Center Version 2005 with Update Rollup2
* Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to Window Vista Home Premium Express Upgrade
* Dell Windows Vista Upgrade Assistant DVD

(Thanks for any help on this...i don't have much money and would like to avoid going down to the Repair shop)

Advertisements