Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DVD disapeared inside my laptop !

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all , ,
My 5yr old daughter decided to help herself to watching scooby doo on my laptop. She didnt realise that you have to click the dvd onto the drive rather than just place it on any other type of dvd player. I saw it out of the corner of my eye but by the time i got to it, the draw had closed and hey presto , ,the dvd has gone missing inside the laptop !
I can still play other dvds , and it must be firmly stuck inside as i cant hear anything rattling or sliding around inside the lappy.
Should i dissmantle the lappy and remove the dvd or will it do any harm just leaving it as it is as it appears to be firmly stuck wherever it is inside and i can still load dvds/cds in the draw without any conflict.

Any ideas would be graetly appreciated, ,

Many thanks, kev

• 34,114 posts
If you are not comfortable with working with the small components of a laptop it would be advisable to have a shop do it.
You really need to get the stuck disk out of the drive because it could cause the spinning to become unbalanced and tear the eye to become damaged or out of place. This would cause the drive to become unusable and most likely have to be replaced.