Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

psydwaindah

psydwaindah

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OMG!! I just did the dumbest thing in the world. I was modifying the contrast on a picture that I'm using as a painting reference pic. It was a little too dark and I couldn't see some of the details so I opened the pic file in Microsoft Office picture Manager and pushed the contrast waaaay up ( my P.C is in japanese) then I accidentally clicked the "overwrite and save" button thinking it was the "rename file and save" by mistake. Now I've just realised that it was the only copy of that pic on my P.C and I don't have a backup!!!

Please tell me I can somehow reverse this stupidity and retrieve the original pic data. Because now all I have is this really terrible grainy pic. I need to restore the original and I'm halfway into this painting.......Man I could kick my own face in ATM!!.

Pleasepleaseplease help !! This is serious :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have overwritten it then I would say you have lost the original. :) :)

What format is the pic saved in?
You could try to copy the pic and then try to save it as a better format. Also you could try to copy it and try to resave it as the original format and see if that brings it back to what you had. :)

psydwaindah

psydwaindah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you have overwritten it then I would say you have lost the original. :) :)

What format is the pic saved in?
You could try to copy the pic and then try to save it as a better format. Also you could try to copy it and try to resave it as the original format and see if that brings it back to what you had. :)

Sorry....erm....format??

psydwaindah

psydwaindah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there absolutely no way the image isn't still somewhere on the hard drive??

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
It might be in a temp file some place (but I doubt it).
If you know the name, you can do a search.

Your search would look like name.* where name is file name and * is the wild card to get all files with that name that end in any extension.

Sorry....erm....format??

This is the extension after the file name. Such as bmp, tiff, jpec.