Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Using HijackThis to remove second (unauthorized) administrator

• Please log in to reply

Cerberus616

Cerberus616

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there, I'm brand new to this site and have a very severe problem, a friend of mine suggested I take it here. My computer has been acting ridiculously strange lately including slow load times and periods of extreme lag. I've changed my virus protecting three times in the last two days and have been attempting to combat what I believe to be viruses and malware to the best of my extent. I am now running HijackThis in an attempt to help me figure out what is causing the problem and I believe there to be a second administrator on the computer that I did not authorize. I am the only one in the household with access to this computer so I doubt that it could have been an inside influence. I cannot find this second administrator using conventional means but saw the username appear when I was still using the Rising anti-virus problem, it was Mcx1. Can someone please help me remove this intruder and restore peace to my computer?

I have uploaded a log, feel free to take a look at it in hopes of discovering my issue(s)

Thank you very much.

Attached Files

Edited by Cerberus616, 17 November 2009 - 02:35 PM.

Advertisements