Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why do people like FPS better on PC

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I grew up playing Duke Nukem 3D and Wolfenstein, however I can't stand FPS games now, I even loaded up Wolfenstein (a few years ago now) and was horrified at it!

You people are all violent! :)

Advertisements

AF_Money

AF_Money

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
ha, I had Wolfenstein 3D on 1 3.44 floppy disk that I played on my Gateway 2000. Quite an upgrade from our Tandy 1000. What ever happened to the space quest games from Sierra? They don't make games that you physically type in commands to complete your missions anymore. "pick up object" "eat food" "screw you sierra" and it would respond back with either an action or tell you to quit swearing at the game... lol I bet they could make some crazy AI for games like that now :) Duke Nukem 3D was epic for its time. Violence and debachery at every turn. Complete with swearing and strippers :) Its time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum; and i'm all out of gum...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
:) oh the wasted youth on that game

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*

ha, I had Wolfenstein 3D on 1 3.44 floppy disk that I played on my Gateway 2000. Quite an upgrade from our Tandy 1000. What ever happened to the space quest games from Sierra? They don't make games that you physically type in commands to complete your missions anymore. "pick up object" "eat food" "screw you sierra" and it would respond back with either an action or tell you to quit swearing at the game... lol I bet they could make some crazy AI for games like that now :) Duke Nukem 3D was epic for its time. Violence and debachery at every turn. Complete with swearing and strippers :) Its time to kick @$$ and chew bubble gum; and i'm all out of gum...

Excellent post :)

I still love playing these games ... Mainly Medal of Honor (that is quite old as well, actually) but yeah ....
being nostalgic :)

flashn00b

flashn00b

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I personally think that FPS games are better on the PC is because with an analog stick, you can't react fast enough. You're either already dead, or you've lost more health than you should. However, an equally skilled gamer who has a keyboard and mouse would be able to react more quickly. Need i say more?

That, and mods are fun.

Edited by flashn00b, 04 December 2009 - 06:34 PM.