Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which browser allows to switch sound card to use?

• Please log in to reply

vbr666

vbr666

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I need a browser where you can go to options and change the default sound source(sound card).
I've got 2 sound cards in PC and I'm using one with my tv-out so I can watch movies on TV at the same time while my brother is gaming on the internet.
But now I want to watch some youtube movies(on TV) while he's surfing or gaming on PC, so I need a browser in which I can select secondary sound card in my PC to use as sound source.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I very much doubt this is possible. Sound from browsers is passed through Windows to the default sound card and you can only have one card as a default to play sound to. Your choice of browser in this aspect is irrelevant because Windows has the final say.

vbr666

vbr666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
how is it then possible for jetaudio or vlc player to let you choose which sound source you wish to hear sound from?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Because they are separate programs, not web browsers. Web Browsers have no real need to worry about which sound card(s) to use.

vbr666

vbr666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
of course it can.
everything's possible, just to know how.
it involves a bit of trickery.
the answer is probably: any browser.

you need to first select secondary sound card, then start playing vid through browser, then switch sound card and start doing something else.

the browser will still play sound from first selected sound source all until you restart it (exit and start it again).