Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error installing Catalyst Controle Center update.

• Please log in to reply

Gaberial

Gaberial

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello all Geeks!

My Dilema is this, I have been trying to get updated drivers running properly for my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT GPUs. I decided to try to update my CCC to see if that would help get my games to run more smoothly. I exceed even the recomended specs on Everquest 2 and still have problems with lag.

When i try to install the new CCC It gets about halfway through the install then gives an error message that it failed to install a package. I know this is not much to go on but i am admittedly fairly new to geekhood and a lot of the more indepth understanding of this still goes over my head. If there is any aditional that would help let me know.

PS after 3 failed attempts to install I went back to a restore point as to not want a half installed controle center for my GPUs running.

Advertisements

-= Arc =-

-= Arc =-

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
Try downloading the installer again at ATI.

Edited by -= Arc =-, 18 November 2009 - 03:21 AM.