Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nettop

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Imagine an amazingly small fanless PC that consumes under 10 Watts of power! CompuLab has made this dream a reality with their line of tiny FIT-PC2 Nettop computers. This machine is not only Energy Star rated, it's the most power-efficient computer on the Energy Star list. The CompuLab Fit-PC2 Win7 Professional Nettop PC is perfect for those who are on the go. Equipped with an Intel ATOM Z530 processor, 1GB of DDR2 memory, and a 160GB hard drive, this tiny PC comes pre-loaded with Windows 7 Professional, making it the an enterprise-ready solution. Fit-PC2 provides an all new PC experience - it takes up no space to speak of, is noiseless and draws 96% less power than a standard desktop. Fit-PC2 is capable of driving a Full HD display, playing 1080p video and running all Windows software including Microsoft Office. What's not to love?

The versatile CompuLab Fit-PC2 XP HD Nettop PC can go virtually anywhere...

Price it here... http://www.tigerdire...p;searchbtn.y=8

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Pocket sized desktop? Very cool :)

Edited by mpascal, 18 November 2009 - 01:47 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Far too small for my liking, however it would make a good Windows Home Server when attached to NAS. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
That's what I was thinking. 160GB hard drive and network capabilities? I like :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I think I would like it just for the fact that when friends would come over I could have my 23" LCD surfing the web and they would be like "ummmm, wheres the computer dude?" :)

Have it tucked away in the top drawer... I'm such a geek...

How do you load a new OS? Isn't there usually problems with trying to use a USB connected CD/DVD drive to do things like that?

Edited by Ferrari, 18 November 2009 - 05:39 PM.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Well you can buy them with a few different choices for OS, but I'm not sure how they would work for booting a new OS. If they can boot off of a USB port, then I'm sure you would be able to run a new OS off of a CD drive, or even of a USB stick depending on the OS.

We're all geeks :) That sounds like a really cool idea.

carolsoucek

carolsoucek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
small is good but there is a limit, I'd rather not spend extra cash to get a lower end PC just because it's smaller.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've actually requested a review model (saw it on www.theawsomer.com which lives up to it's name)...it would make a great media server hooked to your TV through the HDMI port....their documentation claims that it has 5 years 24/7 run time...which is pretty impressive

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
dsenette,

Keep us informed, hopefully you get one. Thanks!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
got a reply back...they won't have review units ready till february....so...maybe then