1. I have VOIP service and therefore, my modem does not plug into my desktop--it plugs into a telephone adaptor which then plugs into my desktop. Should my new wireless router be cabled between the modem and the telephone adaptor or between the telephone adaptor and my desktop?
2. I believe the telephone adaptor has a basic built-in router (it's made by Linksys). As such, are there any ramifications or changes to the standard wireless network setup I need to be aware of?
3. Just to be sure, my desktop need not be up and running in order for the laptop to access the internet, true?
4. My daughter will be picking up her laptop tomorrow. Do they generally come equipped with a wireless network card? How can I determine if it has one?
5. Do I need to do anything with my AVG Free Edition software?
Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Edited by vinny_the_hack, 18 November 2009 - 11:07 AM.