Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recomendations for gaming computer parts

• Please log in to reply

Joshua.

Joshua.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.
Before I get started on asking for your guys' help, I would like to make this clear. I am very uneducated when it comes to this sort of stuff. Computers, ect.
I am asking that you help me with my computer modifications. I will be making a gaming (desktop) computer, but am not completely sure which modifications will work, which won't, and what are just the best for their price and performance. I have a few selections made, but like I've said, I am not quite sure what is the best, and what would work with each other.
I've done sufficient research on what I'm trying to accomplish, yes, but once again, I'm not quite sure if what I've chosen will even work together, or what will work together, for that matter.
Also, I'm not sure whether or not I've included everything I will need to create my gaming computer, so if I haven't, please inform me of what I'm missing.
I greatly appreciate it!

Here is what I have been able to choose so far:
CPU - Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor
No CPU Cooler (if it's even necessary)
Motherboard - I believe, according to my case, I need an ATX(?) Motherboard.
No RAM (2gigs+ preferably)
No Graphic card
Video card - BFG GeForce 9800 GTX
No Hard Drive- (200GB+ preferebly)
I have a computer casing-- Modtek Alien-X Case
No DVD Burner
Monitor - Asus VH202T 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Gaming Keyboard - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Gaming Mouse - Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
I will also be using Windows 7.
None of the items listed above are 100%, there is always room to change them if necessary.
I greatly appreciate your help.

Edited by Joshua., 18 November 2009 - 11:07 PM.

Advertisements

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi!

You should write how much money you want to spend on your new comp?

AF_Money

AF_Money

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hi!

You should write how much money you want to spend on your new comp?

Yep, whats your budget? Graphics cards and video cards are the same thing. If you're going to run vista or win7, you're going to need minimum of 3gigs of ram, recommended at least 4. The people here can definately help you out, but you may have to do a little research too. People are going to recommend Nvida and ATI graphics cards. Generally the same performance, just 2 different companies, and everyone has their favorites. Same with your CPU. Either way, gunna need to know how much we can spend on it before any parts get recommened. I'm guessing you're going to need the WHOLE setup right? (Keyboard, mouse, cd/dvd, monitor, ect...)