Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sunkist.NOTIFYCONDATA.hWnd

• Please log in to reply

javelinette

javelinette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About a week ago I set up my computer to have a guest account thinking my friends might screw up my computer if given too much freedom. Heh. That night I also installed the software for some binoculars with a digital camera in them that my boyfriend picked up at the pawn shop. I tooled around the internet for a while, having to log back into the administrative account several times when it went idle, but I didn't visit any new sites or download any other files that night.

The next day when I tried to log onto the administrative account, I could no longer do so. I tried several other slightly possible passwords thinking my memory was on vacation, along with variations with CAPS and adding numbers. Finally I gave up and logged on to my guest account. When it boots up now, I get a small windows box that merely says: FAIL!

I can close that box, and all other functions appear to work as they should for being in a guest account. When I go to shut off the computer, I get the waiting for program to respond...click here to end now. That program appears to be this sunkist.NOTIFYCONDATA.hWnd.

I have Norton Antivirus 16.7.2.11 installed and ran a full system scan. Nothing comes up.

So after much googling, and much humbling, I am here asking your help. I have been to your Malware cleaning guide, but am unable to perform these tasks as I do not have the administrative privileges. Where/Can I start?

Thank you in advance for your help. I hope I've given you enough information to get started.

Advertisements