Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to access any antivirus websites

• Please log in to reply

pirata2009

pirata2009

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am new to this website and hope I am doing this right. I was on facebook, and noticed one of my friends sent me a message. I opened the message and it said check this video out, but was more like: "check thiss video out! Itss tthe cooolest!" and I thought my friend was being funny or something. So I click it and a new window pops up with youtube window saying my activx(? I think I misspelled that) couldnt run and to download it. Then before I could go back there was a pop up window to run/download something, and I can't remember the file name. However, ever since then I will get pop up windows from I realized that I shouldn't have opened it when it was asking to download that Activx. I went to, or tried to go to Norton, Symantec, Microsoft websites, but a message comes on the screen after my search like: web address misspelled or link is old try another google search... blah blah. As you may be able to tell I am not computer savvy but I have had to fix viruses before but it was more simple, like restore your computer and run your antivirus software, not to metion it was like 10 years ago. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Advertisements