Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer provided by BSkyB

• Please log in to reply

TheWern

TheWern

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Guru's,

I recently completed a site for a friend http://www.inescole.co.uk
It appears fine in IE8, Chrome, Firefox and I think IE7. But the owner sent me an email with a screen print showing the problem. The only thing that is different is that the bar at the top says "Internet Explorer provided by BSkyB". Could this be the problem? I have attached the screen shot.

It seems to me that that browser is ignoring all / some of the CSS file rules.

Any ideas? Has anybody else come across this problem.

Thanks.

Sandy.

Attached Thumbnails

• InesCole_BSkyB.jpg

Advertisements

ashyo

ashyo

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Tell him to clean his cache.

TheWern

TheWern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi, I checked that and that is not the problem. On further research, about 20% of users come back with the same errors. I have set up a second laptop with XP and IE6 and it does the same offsetting. A friends work says they use IE 7 and it happens on theirs (unconfirmed system). It does seem clear that the older IE browsers are ignoring a couple of CSS rules.

I have heard of rules/code that one can put in for older browsers, could this rectify the problem?

How can I find these rules?

Thanks

Sandy