Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 gfx cards

• Please log in to reply

starcraft

starcraft

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok i have an ultra durabletm3 EX58-UD3R GIGABYTE mother board

i have installed a xfx geforce gtx 295 nvidia gfx card , there is a 2nd slot for a 2nd card but will that motherboard work with nvidia sli?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
It's easy to tell mate, simply look up your manual or find the specifications on the Gigabyte website. :)

starcraft

starcraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
i believe it will work from what ive been told :)

do i need to buy some sort of sli kit?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You should have received everything you need with the motherboard, in my experience. If you don't have it, make sure to contact the retailer when you are buying it and tell them you will be running it in SLI and does it come with everything you need?

starcraft

starcraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
hmm i dont think there was anything extra came with it

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Don't know for your board but with my Gigabyte X58 UD5 I got SLI bridge.To have two gtx 295 cards you need SLI Bridge if you don't have it you should check in your manual as Troy said.Btw SLI bridge is around $10!

starcraft

starcraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
is there any settings i would need to change in the bios cos i could not see anything about sli

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Again, have you looked in the manual? All you need to know will be in there. If not, try looking on the manufacturer's website, there may be an updated manual available for download which helps.