Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Too many processes running

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
System Idle Process (CPU NOT used) is at 99.23%, so you don't have to worry about any "magic number" of running processes. As you can see, they don't eat up any CPU cycles.

Advertisements

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
And is this right?
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BETTE
System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
System Model EX278AA-ABA a1560n
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2800 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.19, 12/8/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name BETTE\HP_Administrator
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.45 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.83 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
That's fine, but we still need SpeedFan info.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What about the other steps in my post 10?
Have you finished all of them and is the system running better?

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Broni is the one who I learned the autoruns from and as he said the logon is where you look. On the log you posted it is the first section or two.

I don't understand why I can't find the "tkbellexe" on the autorun list? The first time I ran the autorun, I expanded the window and there was a huge list of things broken down by section. I went back and ran Autorun again, got a list of about 14 items on it, none of which says "tkbellexe". And I had already unchecked a Java thing before by going to msconfig/startup, and I had already unchecked one named"jusched". I simply do not see anything actually called sunjaveupdater.
I'm sorry I am not better at this. Now I can't even get the list to expand and see the whole thing.....or don't I need to do that? Sorry!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Download, and install Quick Startup: http://www.glarysoft.com/qs.html
Go File>Export, save report, and paste it into your next post.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Why are you running autorun again? I don't see anywhere where someone asked you to run a second list.
If you followed the instructions in post 10 the entries would be the only thing that shows up that I am referencing.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Why are you running autorun again? I don't see anywhere where someone asked you to run a second list.
If you followed the instructions in post 10 the entries would be the only thing that shows up that I am referencing.

Well, because I could not find those two entries you told me to uncheck, so I did not want to proceed any farther without asking. I would rather ask a question than do something wrong.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

That's fine, but we still need SpeedFan info.

I ran that speedfan, but could not see where there was a place to make or copy it. I do not have any screen shot program. There is a chart that appeared on my screen, but I do not know how to get it copied to you. Unless I am supposed to manually type in what it said?

Here is some of it...
Fan 1 2178 rpm, fan 2 1381 rpm. Cpu-oc Ambint-34c Remote-60C, HDO-36C, Temp 1-40C
Speed- 01-65
speed 02-65
speed 3-65
And before this appearred, I got a window that popped up that said "system info" cannot open this Nfo file, might be corrupted or an unrecognized version. But then there was an icon on my desktop that said "inetdebug", so I was confused as to exactly what it was I sent you. Maybe this is going to be too hard for me to do. Sorry I am not better at this.

But I will try the Quick startup and try to post that.
Startup List report created on 11/22/2009 by Startup Manager

Name: IAAnotif
Path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: cctray
Path: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: CAVRID
Path: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"

Name: ehTray
Path: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

Name: QOELOADER
Path: "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe"

Name: KBD
Path: C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE

Name: MSConfig
Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Binaries\MSCONFIG.EXE /auto
Total 7 Items

Edited by bettei, 22 November 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like, somehow, you're able to disable those startups, rschaffer pointed you to.
Using QuickStartup, you can also disable MSConfig entry.
Let's go back a little.
You said:

my computer acts like it is low on memory

Can you elaborate on the above?

Advertisements

Dhanushka

Dhanushka

• Pip
  • 8 posts
removed malware removal advice

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

removed malware removal advice

Are you saying this thread should be ( or is)moved to the malware removal section? Now what should I do?

And to answer Broni's question. I noticed that that slide show software called Pro Show Gold by Photodex stops responding after it has burned the cd. I thought it might be my burner, but I was able to use it to copy a cd just fine after that. In talking to them about his problem, they asked what else might be running on my computer, and that is where I got the idea I had too many. That and the fact that is does take quite while to start up.
I use Firefox, clear my cache often, and I do use that TFC file cleaner once in a while too. I already had that on my computer. But I think it shuts off my virus program too, and I no longer get the red flag that pops up near the clock telling me "my computer may be at risk". I guess after running TFC you should restart your computer, or make sure that your virus programs are turned right back on? I was not aware that running that turned off my virus control, like I said, the red flag did not pop, so I might well have run that TFC and gone online with no protection. And I know that sometimes there can be a trojan that starts in your startup programs that are worded to look like a legitimate one, that is why I was telling you I did not find the one he asked me to uncheck.

I do play several games on Facebook by Zynga, like the farming one that grows over time. I know these must take memory of some kind, just wonder if it is harmful. I find it a pleasant pastime. When I play those, the fan runs almost constantly, is that normal? Are those games like farming and Scrabble harmful to your computer?

And if I am done here, what do I need to do to delete any programs or reports that I no longer need....I mean from the steps and things I downloaded from this website. Or since I just downloaded these files to by desktop, can I just delete them from there? thanks!

I will be away from the computer most of the day, but will check back to see if you have any advice for me. thanks again.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I had to remove that users post as it was malware removal advice, which only staff can post. Your problem doesn't seem to be malware related so I would let Broni work his magic

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
So, basically, you have an issue with Pro Show Gold, a program I'm not familiar with. I hope you can resolve that issue talking to a program maker.

Then, you have fans running while playing some games on-line. It may be normal, depending on game(s) requirements.

Personally, I don't see any reason for a panic.
I'd open the computer case (while off) and clean well inside with a can of compressed air.

As for downloaded programs....whatever is listed in Add\Remove, you uninstall; whatever installation files, you have on your desktop - those can be simply deleted.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Ok thanks. I thought one of those reports went into C: Program files. I wanted to find it and delete it, hope I remember what it was called.

Thanks!