Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How stop Bitcomet from starting automatically?

• Please log in to reply

aaaa44

aaaa44

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Bitcomet opens automatically when I start my computer. How do I stop this? I'm using the current 1.16 version and my o/s is XP Home. Thanks.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Click Start > Run > Type msconfig > Click ok > Click the Startup tab and unselect Bitcomet > Click ok

That do it for you ?

aaaa44

aaaa44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
No it didn't work. It still starts when I turn on the computer. I get two System Configuration Utility box pop ups.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
How many OS's are you running?
If you uncheck something in msconfig, you will get 1 configuration utility, not 2.

To stop the configuration utility from coming up again you put a checkmark in the spot "do not show this utility" or something similar.