Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

proxy problems

• Please log in to reply

phoenix rising

phoenix rising

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey, I have been chasing a problem for close to a year now have you any constructive thoughts on how to fix it!
Here's the issue:

Proxy problems I have a problem with my proxy settings. They keep checking themselves causing me browser to have issues. When they are checked I get an error message that reads " can't load page check your proxy settings" I have to go to control panel and uncheck them manually and they recheck themselves back, each time I use the computer sometimes 2 or 3 times. I have to go to control panel then Internet options and correct the problem. on both the settings tab as well as the LAN Settings tab. I've even tried disabling some of the plug-ins which I thought could be causing the problems. I've run all the anti V. malware, anti spyware, stuff I had nothing turns up. It stopped for a day maybe and then it was right back and the plug-ins were still disabled. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but I've tried everything. I can think of what though, and I've been living with this problem for months. I have windows XP and use firefox as a browser. I've used this set up for many years and never had this problem. Now it wont go away. I could really use someone's help with this. It isn't effecting Internet Explorer although I don't like it so I don't use it. I have un and re installed firefox it's still there.
Mark

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please read the Malware/Spyware cleaning guide here follow the instructions at the top....

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post an OTL log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting OTL logs or ANY other logs requested in the malware/spyware cleaning guide in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post any of these logs in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread..

phoenix rising

phoenix rising

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks I will try that now and see what happens.