Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound when windows loads or when browsing internet

• Please log in to reply

country_music69

country_music69

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was trying to play music with musicmatch jukebox and a box came up that said "wave out format not supported". I did a little research on the subject and found that somebody fixed the problem by doing this:
A very nice man wrote: 1 Go to control panel
2 Add hardware
3 At “Welcome” screen, press next
4 Select “Yes, I have already connected this hardware”. Press next
5 Scroll down, and select “Add a new hardware device”
6 Select “Install the hardware I select from a list”
7 Select “Sound, video and game controllers”
8 Select "(standard system devices)" in pane 1, and “Audio Codecs” in pane 2
9 Press “Have Disk”
10 Enter “C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32” in the drop down box and press “OK”
11 Select “Microsoft Audio Compression Manager” and press “Next” , then “Next” again.
12 At the security screen, press “Continue anyway”

It will install, and require a reboot

If it still does not work, then follow the same procedure, but at point 11 choose “IMA ADPCM

Audio CODEC” and on the next run select “Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC”

IT WORKED FOR ME AFTER SITTING HERE FOR AGES GOING MAD.
WHY DIDN’T MUSICMATCH FIGURE IT OUT?

So I did it and it did not work just made it worse!!! Everything has sound except browsing the internet and playing games and when windows loads. I can't even get sound on youtube videos. I have tried to do a restore but it hasn't worked. I really need to get this fixed before my husband gets home!!! Thanks so much.
The pc is a compaq presario sr19wm if that helps. Windows media player has sound.

Edited by country_music69, 20 November 2009 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements