Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious lsass.exe-problem.XP reboots and reboots..

• Please log in to reply

brunzell

brunzell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When Windows is about to take me to the desktop I got the following message: lsass.exe system error: "While trying update a password, this return status indicateds that
the value provided as the current password is not correct". Then it reboots over and over like a loop.
I've tried this:
Start in safe mode - DOESN'T WORK
Repair Win XP with the CD-ROM - DOESN'T WORK
Start with the XP CD-ROM and re-install in the same directory - DOESN'T WORK
I've also tried some suggestions in this forum, but nothing can help me.
Same result over and over, the system error message, and then reboot.
And do not tell me to download something, use the command and shutdown -a or something, it is not possible, I never get to the desktop what so ever.

Please help me, I'm getting mad!!

Edited by brunzell, 16 May 2005 - 10:58 AM.

Advertisements

LanceVanian

LanceVanian

• Pip
  • 7 posts
misery loves company brunzell. I feel helpless. I just posted a message regarding same problem.

ther is a lot of info but most of the time the advice is assuming you can get into win xp. i am officially pissed!

keep me up to date - likewise