Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Streaming Audio capture problem

• Please log in to reply

Ritergeek

Ritergeek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Until a couple of weeks ago I was able to capture streaming audio with Audacity. This is vitally important to me, among other things for recording podcast interviews that I conduct with Skype.

A couple of days ago I noticed that this function no longer works. I tried using the Windows Recorder and also Adobe SoundBooth. None of these pick up a thing, so I know it isn't an Audacity problem.

The next thing I did was to download the K lite codec pak and install that, in hopes of fixing something broken. That did not help.

After finding that I have a Biostar TF520 A2+ motherboard, I downloaded and installed the latest onboard audio driver for it. That still has not done the trick.

I checked the Realtek site, and they caution you to download drivers from your motherboard site rather than them. Especially since mine is well over three years old, this makes sense.

How can I tell if the Realtek component is defective? Maybe I need a new audio component?

Advertisements