Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

StarOpen.sys error

• Please log in to reply

Rajdoshi

Rajdoshi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
While trying to install Samsung PC studio Version3 on my PC which is data transfer programme for Samsung mobile phone, during the process I get this error message "An error occured on the file C:WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\StarOpen.sys ...Access denied (0x5)" with three buttons Abort, cancell and Ignore. On ignoring, the programme gets installed but on trying to open it shows the error "Unable to communicate with the Connection Manager" with a button "OK". On clicking it there is another error message ".....try to install the programme again." I have tried turning off the firewall and Automatic updates for Windows, but to no avail. :)

Advertisements