Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

limited connectivity with 169 IP

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
im working on my friends desktop with vista on it. it apperently was working fine last week and when she went to get on to firefox it said there was no connection to the internet. so then she tried getting on IE and it worked fine, well she got her iphone 3g-s in and wanted to activate it and opened itunes and it said there was no connection. i thought it might be a firewall so i took windows firewall down and symantic corp ed firewall down and still it wasnt working. i then went to try to access IE and that went out. i went to check the IP and it was coming up with 169.blahblahblah. that and there was no default gateway. well her moms laptop is connected to a wireless modem but hers is connected to a wired modem. ive tried release the IP but it says it was never assigned one, so i tried renewing the ip and it came up with an error that said an error occured while releasing interface loopback pseudo-interface1:the system cannot find the file specified. the operation failed because no adapater is in the state permicable for this operation. please help!

Edited by daathvader, 21 November 2009 - 04:53 PM.