Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express forwards multiple messages

• Please log in to reply

barry4285

barry4285

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When trying to forward a message or insert attachments outlook express sends multiple items. I can only send a message by creating a new message. Receiving messages is fine. Any ideas as to what could cause this problem? I've restored my computer but nothing changes.

Advertisements

NORTHCOAST

NORTHCOAST

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Looking forward to an answer because I think my father's computer does the same thing. I get mutiple emails from him all with the same time. Once I got 6 of the same email. Hope someone can help you solve your problem.

othersteve

othersteve

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hey guys,

Welcome to G2G. I'll be solving your problem today. :)

1. Open Outlook Express.
2. In the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
3. Click the Mail tab.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. UNCHECK Break Apart Messages....

~os

NORTHCOAST

NORTHCOAST

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you! I'll forward to my father. Can you explain what your instructions fix? Is it that the attachment is too big and it sends multiple emails due to that box being checked? I got 6 emails of a video of a dolphin stampede filmed from a boat. Really cool, but I didn't need six of them.

othersteve

othersteve

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
The way I understand it, yeah, it attempts to break the message up to make the server digest it better. But from what I've seen, it doesn't work... at all. :)

~os

NORTHCOAST

NORTHCOAST

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Another question related to this. I received the multiple copies of emails from my father that included a long video attachment. Does HE have to do the fix detailed above, or do I have to do it on my Outlook?

Thanks!