Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows installers keep popping up

• Please log in to reply

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I'm not quite sure *why* it's happening, but last night I started getting the installers for these programs (and the corresponding executable) popping up for no reason. All I did last night was an attempt to uninstall windows messenger, which I never use.

Thanks for the help,
Dave.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Click Start > Run. In the dialog box type msconfig and press Enter. Check selective mode and click Startup. Uncheck everything everything that is related to HP and Sonic. Apply > OK and reboot.

mkau

mkau

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
It's not under the startup tab.

I've used MSConfig before, and the things aren't there. I'm not entirely sure WHY they started popping up - I didn't do anything to start an installation of either.

As a matter of fact, they're both already installed. I went ahead and uninstalled them via Add or Remove Programs.

EDIT: At this point (as of 5 hours later), they've not popped up again.

Edited by mkau, 22 November 2009 - 06:34 PM.