Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Trying to connect windows 2000 pc to router by ethernet cable

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELP! Recently moved and am trying to reconnect my pc to the internet by hard wire to router on another computer. Tried it with another computer with XP and it worked fine, but I cannot get connected. Is there anyone who can help? This should not be a hard thing to figure out, but, well.... it's me :)

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hello beachcactus and welcome to Geeks To Go. I will be asking a few questions so I may help your problem.

1.) I am guessing by "hardwire" you mean by ethernet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2.) How is your adapter connected? Some Examples would be: "PCMIA, USB, Integrated"
3.) Are current drivers installed? Usually these are gave on a CD by the Manufacturer.

Also if you are looking for an easy way use the Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard (IE 5)
Click Here for instructions on how to do this. Let me know what happens.