Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My WoW controller concept

• Please log in to reply

vittorio

vittorio

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi guys, right now im playing Warhammer and WoW with my 360 controller setup with a keymapper called xpadder. I have trouble using the keys to move around, so I emulate A and D to move forward and back, and click and mouse movents to turn left and right, to get that 360 degree analog rotation. I can use pretty much my whole macro bar by setting my L3 and R3 to rotate through them, then my right analog, controls my mouse, and if i hold my right bumper it controls my camera while my right trigger tabs through targets. The problem is I want more buttons without loosing the control over my character. Also if I'm fighting, and moving the camera at the same time, I'm limited to only 3 of my hotbar buttons. Here is where I need some help. I want to get the logitech g13 advanced gameboard, and use it in conjunction with a Wii Mote numbchuck. This way i can move with the analog stick, use the g-13 stick to move the mouse cursor, and use my c button on the wii mote to make the G-13 stick move the camera and still have my fingers able to use my full hotbar. The problem is, I don't know if there is any way that i can mod the numbchuck to make it work with usb. Or if it will be complicated to do so. Any tips? thanks

Advertisements

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sounds to me like your digging a hole to get out of the hole youve dug yourself.

Why are you using an Xbox controller for WoW? :S

vittorio

vittorio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i like playing mmo but hate using a keyboard and mouse, b/c moving with aswd limits your movement to a 4 way axis, wich sucks in a 3 dimensional game. most players just get used to it, but you can move way better by using an 8 way axis, allowing for more control. You just have to get good at moving your mouse with your right analog. after you turn up your mouse emulation and get good with it, its pretty easy to stay behind ppl. This way you also have 360 degree camera control, instead of just the range of your mousepad. Using a controller feels more like playing a game, rather than just clicking buttons and watch them animate your character. As far as playing things like a mage and whatnot where you need tons of hotbars, it wouldn't be possible, but for things like a paladin, or death knight, you dont use more than 10 to 12 hotbar keys anyways, and i macro all mine to alternate between multiple actions, and swap out bars when i change my dual specs. If i need extra, i have my ~ key set to switch to my second hotbar then macro the ability to swap back to my main hotbar after i press the key. I use that mainly for things buffs, auras, mounts etc. A controller is vary viable, and a analog stick will always give better movement then mouse keys if you take the time to set up your interface correctly. Also set your tab key (right trigger) to tab to your closest target, instead of pointing and clicking on gnome rogues, so their height won't matter. By doing this in pvp its your primary means of engaging whatever target your closest to, or running up to fight. Then you have your right analog stick and r bumper to move your mouse and click if you want to switch to something farther away. Once you crank up emulation speed, and get used to it. It's just as effective as using your mouse, again with more range.

If you've ever played final fantasy xi, the whole game is designed to use macros and there isn't a hotbar. The interface is much more accurate than wow, it just sucks that there isn't a good and easy form of pvp in the game, and it takes a rediculous amount of time and commitment to accomplish anything besides leveling up.