Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer runs fine then slows down and graphics go crazy

• Please log in to reply

jgordonfan

jgordonfan

• Pip
  • 9 posts
The first time I started having issues was when the computer froze up randomly. I thought nothing of it and turned off my computer using the on button. Then 2 days after my computer began running EXTREMELY slow and eventually locked up for 2 min. Then the screen went to black for 20 sec. Next thing I know the computer began to try to load up and render whatever I was working on (it was an excel spreadsheet). Could something be wrong or is this just a freak occurence?

I'm running 64-bit Vista

Thanks. You guys are lifesavers.

P.S. I don't know if this will make a difference but on Call of Duty 4 it says that the server I try to reach only allows low ping players. I have tested my ping on pingtest.net and it said my ping was 21. This may be irrelevant but I read somewhere that the "server only allows low ping" warning may be due to spyware.

I have attached my most recent HiJackThis log too.

Attached Files

Advertisements