Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Run-time error '372' [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
update mbam run a quick scan post that log

Advertisements

TNREBEL

TNREBEL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Here is that log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.42
Database version: 3289
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

12/4/2009 8:20:15 PM
mbam-log-2009-12-04 (20-20-15).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 135504
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
looks good

Now we need to create a new System Restore point.

Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

Next goto Start Menu > Run > type

cleanmgr

Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.

To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

Then we are all done

TNREBEL

TNREBEL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks so much for your help. You have done a fabulous job fixing my computer. I could have never fixed it without your help. Do you have a good program I should use as a registry cleaner on a regular basis? Also, do you see anything on my startup menu that I need to remove and how would I do that. Also, do you see anything on my computer that is slowing my computer down that I might need to remove?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Registry cleaners don't actually do anything, and they are more likely to damage your PC

You can disable a few things from starting up if you want. Click Start > Run > type msconfig > Uncheck the boxes beside these

O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Adobe ARM] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe (CANON INC.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [CloneCDTray] C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe (SlySoft, Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe (Apple Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [QuickTime Task] C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe (Apple Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe File not found

Click OK and reboot

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.