Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Chrome and Opera

• Please log in to reply

ItsJJStyles

ItsJJStyles

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey all,

So, I've recently started to use my browser as a portable one. However, I'm trying to see if I can combine Google Chrome and Opera to work in complete harmony.

On my laptop, Opera is perfect as it runs quite smooth and quick and has all of the functions I want it to have. However, on my computer, opera seems to be laggy so I use Google Chrome as it's quick and that's what I'm after. I hate waiting for Opera to start when Chrome does it in 1/4 of the time.

Anyway, I love Chrome incognito mode and I know that Opera is lacking. Is it possible to some-how get a private browsing feature in Opera?

Also, is it possible to sync my bookmarks between both Opera and Chrome without using a 3rd party application/website. As I am often on many different computers - not only my own, but when I'm studying, when I'm at work, fixing friends computers, etc...

I've done quite a bit of research into this and couldn't find anything on the subject. So I was hoping that someone at Geeks to Go would have a bit of an idea on how to accomplish at least one of these feats.

*EDIT:
I may also add, that I have Opera on my symbian phone, so I have bookmarks syncing between the two and was wondering if I could incorporate that syncing with google chrome.

Thank you,
JJ Styles.

Edited by ItsJJStyles, 23 November 2009 - 04:48 AM.

Advertisements