Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus system pro

• Please log in to reply

peter_99

peter_99

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had been infected with the Anitvirus system pro malware, was not able to run any programs or get any webpage other than the maleware site. I ran Rkill to stop it so I could remove it. When I ran rkill it disabled my ability to load web pages as well. I assumed after I got rid of it I would be able to load pages again. I run malwarebytes and it removed it but came back on startup, same with superantispyware. I tried the Hijackthis startup analyzer and it found a rpbgsysguard.exe file (spelling of first few letters may be off). I removed that thinking it was the spyware, I am able to startup fine, malware is gone but can't open web pages.

IE opens but it gives me page cannot be displayed. I am on a home wireless network, have confirmed it is connected properly and my computer is connected to it. The funny thing is I was able to install windows updates from the icon at the bottom, I installed IE 8 thinking a reinstall of internet explorer would help but nothing. I also installed xp3 thinking that might do it but nothing again.

I would so much appreciate any help. Thanks.

Advertisements

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
See if you can get this running.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link HERE

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.