Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer disabled.

• Please log in to reply

kelly1

kelly1

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Well now my computer really needs attention, it's an HP Presario with Windows XP, recently 3rd service pack, the bottom taskbar has just gone missing, so no Start button and no internet, I'm on a public computer and will be for only a few hours, I live out of town so you'll have to excuse me if I don't respond for awhile. so far, I've tried Ctrl/Esc as an alternative to the missing Start button but it's not working, neither is the windows flag button between Ctrl and Alt. I've somehow managed to save some of my files/photos onto simple CD-R disks using Sonic, but they don't hold much, I picked up a Flashdrive thing and I'm hoping it will function with the little control I have, I know some of the bugs have kept me from using Hijack and getting proper help, I'm guessing it's time to save everything I can before jumping ship and reinstalling the OP. this is my first comp I would appreciate any and all help available. especially with not missing things I should be saving before I reinstall. besides file and folders, photos, is there anything else I should remember ? can I save the sites I have in Favorites ? how about all the work I've done on my Google Earth ?

Thanks in advance.

Kelly.

P.S. I'll check back in in a few hours before I leave.

Advertisements

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello, is there anyone out there ?