Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

screen scrolling and 'flickering' by itself

• Please log in to reply

gh28

gh28

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been having this problem the past few days,almost like there is a phantom mouse in the computer scrolling the screen rapidly and hovering over commands. I had uploaded a haweii portable modem last week which I have since uninstalled but this does not seem to have made a difference. Following advice I started the comp in safe mode and checked device manager but no issues there. I have tried turning off the mouse pad and I have turned off enhance pointer precision in mouse options. At the moment as I am typing the cursor keeps skipping up lines so I end up typing in the middle of previously wrote lines. I have run a disc clean up, a disc frag. I have run out of ideas and am hugely frustrated....

Also when I turn the computer on the screen stays blank and beeps a high pitched beep for about 15 seconds!

Any suggestions?? I have run a hijack this file but how do I upload it to geeks to go? Or will this be of any use?? My laptop is a dell inspiron 6400!

Thankyou for your time!!

Edited by gh28, 24 November 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Advertisements