Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop will not boot

• Please log in to reply

mwredt

mwredt

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Gateway Powerhouse Notebook computer with Vista Home Premium on it and cannot get it to boot up. The hinge on the left side for the display is broken. When I turn it on on the screen it gives me the option to press F2 for the Bios or F10 for the boot menu. If I press F10 and press the option to boot to the main hard drive the screen goes blank and nothing happens. After about a minute the computer reboots by itself and does the same thing over again. After pressing F10 the information about the computer displays on the screen about the Bios version, processor information, and also says "No TPM or TPM has problem".
I also have entered the Bios and set the boot sequence to boot first to CD-Rom and then restart with the operating system disc in the CD-Rom but it does the same thing; a blank display, then reboot.
Anybody know how to fix this?
Please keep in mind that even though I change the boot sequence in the bios the computer will not boot up to the hard drive, the cd-rom drive or a usb drive.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi mwredt and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Since you have posted at another forum HERE and are still having issues I guess it is our turn.

Keep in mind that when you post at multiple forums you could get conflicting information.

You said it is a Gateway powerhouse, BUT what is the model?
I want to be able to see if I can get a manual and find any other info on the unit.

When you get into the bios, look under (probably) advanced setting for any thing related to TMP. Also there should be someplace to clear the bios to default settings.
This error is related to security and points to a bios issue.

Have you added any new software or hardware to the notebook?
Have you changed any ram chips?
The broken hinge could be a problem also.

123runner

mwredt

mwredt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
123runner, It is a Gateway Powerhouse Model ML6732. There is nothing in the bios that refers to TPM. It does have an option to reset default settings (the F9 key) and I already tried that. It did not fix anything. Have not added any software or hardware, no new ram chips.