Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Restrictions

• Please log in to reply

abenov20

abenov20

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Is there a way that I can restrict internet explorer so that only one window will open at all times? I have kids that get on the computer and like to play their games but sometimes they just keep clicking and opening new pages until the computer freezes up because they have 20 pages open! I would like there to only be one window open at a time. Thanks for your help!! :) Oh and please give detailed instructions I am not too computer literate!!

The computer I want to do this on has Windows XP and it is IE 7 I believe.

Edited by abenov20, 25 November 2009 - 12:00 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not sure if this is it:

Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts" setting.

Here's how to get to it: Through Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options and then the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Browsing settings and look for the Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts and clear the checkbox.

Or check this:

Tools-> Go to the General tab -> In the Tab section(second last section), click on settings.
make sure to select "A new tab in current window" for "Open links from other programs in".

Anything else I can think of requires editing of the Registry keys.