Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
every time i log onto my internet explorer, my home page is set
to some page called "vroomsearch".....i can NOT get rid of this.
i reset to my default page, but an hour later, vroomsearch is defaulted.
also, i keep getting 5 unwanted site folders under my favorites. to no eval,
i keep deleting, they keep coming back. please help to remove this
search engine & folders under favorites that won't disappear. i belive
i inadvertenly went on a bad web-site !!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Welcome Wayne751 and thanks for using Geeks To Go for your tech support.

You have a Spyware infection, technically what is called a browser hijack. No worry it is fixable and together we will get this problem resolved.

I have a few recommendations
  • I would recommend that you visit Trend Housecall for an online antivirus scan.
  • Download a better web browser, Internet Explorer has a lot of problems browser hijacks being among them. Try instead Firefox or Opera. You will probably be able to use one of them untill your Internet Explorer problem is fixed.
  • please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
  • If follow the steps in the Topic above you will download and run several programs as well as be ask to post a hijack This log (Step 5).
    Be sure to post the log in the right forum, Malware Removal. Trained experts there will guide you thru the steps to clean your system up as well as recommend tools to use to avoid further infection.

Edited by StarHawk, 17 May 2005 - 06:46 PM.