Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:38 PM
Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:07 PM
Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:18 PM
Flash drive will only work if laptop has the ability to boot to a usb or flash drive. That would be in the bios boot sequence area.
Did you open the laptop up and make sure there was a hard drive in it?
Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:33 PM
Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:35 PM
Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:59 PM
Modular Bay HDD
There is an arrow to the left of Diskette Drive, Internal Hdd, & CD/DVD/CD-ROM Drive. All that is on the left of the screen.
On the right of the screen, it says:
This category controls operating system file search order.
DISK DRIVE LETTERS MAY CHANGE IF THIS SETTING IS MODIFIED!
The System searches for operating system files in this list. If the first device is not bootable, not present, or not enabled, the system will move to the second device. This continues until the system boots or the list is exhausted.
Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:31 AM
DST Short Test, FAIL
Error Code: 1000:0141
Msg" No drive detected
I burned a disk off my home cp of Program Files. What else do I need?
Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:10 AM
How To Run Chkdsk /r from Recovery Console:
How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
- Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
- When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
- When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
- At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:
- Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
- Report any errors
Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:59 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users