Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 6.0 for XP not seen by Premier ACH editor program

• Please log in to reply

Mikey83

Mikey83

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Good morning and happy thanksgiving.

We have just finished a virus cleaning on the forums successfully. We usually use Firefox, but for 2 programs (Premier ACH editor and some online CBT training for work), I have to use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. Well, the ACH editor no longer sees Internet Explorer as the browser when I try to open the editor program and will not run. Internet explorer seems to be functioning normally though.

I would like to uninstall and reinstall Explorer, however 2 things prevent this. One is that Internet explorer does not show up on the list of programs to uninstall on the control panel page. 2 is that when I go to the Microsoft web page to install IE 7 or 8, it will attempt to do so, but in both cases the install will fail and I have to restart the computer.

I just ran Malware bytes and it came up clean. I also have Avast running.

Thanks - MIke

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're downloading standalone IE7 installation file: http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en, or you're trying go through updates?

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks Broni, I attempted the update through the microsoft website. Mike

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Download standalone installer from my link.

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Ok, thanks. Trying it now. Mike

Mikey83

Mikey83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi. The link you provided attempted an install, then failed. It requested a restart, which I did. I think the explorer 6 is corrupt and locked. Not sure though. Any other thoughts? Mike

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What exactly happened?
You downloaded the file, you started installation and and some point, the computer asked you to restart.
You did and...?