Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Desktop..Do I need to update/get new fans?

• Please log in to reply

strykerofchaos

strykerofchaos

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just bought a new desktop from newegg.com and I know that for gaming purposes, overheating is an issue. I've never owned a desktop before so I have absolutely no idea what to do about fans, or if I'll need any or if I will need to replace the stock fan.

Here is a link to the desktop I bought.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883227173

If you click on the image, it will bring up a series of pictures that include shots of the internal setup. Maybe someone here can help me before hand figure out what I might want to do to improve the cooling so I don't ruin the computer.

I'd really appreciate any help on this. :)

Advertisements

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
No need to replace any fans.If You plan to overclcok then you'll need a new cpu fan everything else should work normal.

strykerofchaos

strykerofchaos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just want to make sure my computer won't overheat playing Left 4 Dead 2 and the like with what it has installed already.

If I need/want to, how would I go about adding another fan?

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
If you don't overclock cpu or gpu you don't need new fan, stock fans will do just fine.As I've seen on the pictures your case has one fan below power supply and I didn't see any other room for extra fan in your case or does it have one? So you can only replace cpu fan, gpu fan and case fan no adding new ones at least that's what I could have seen from the pictures.