Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 3 problem html Links will not open

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hi, OS xpsp2. I hope that someone maybe able to help. When I get a 'html' Link within an email in my Outlook 3 I can't open it, that is when I click on it a word is simply highlighted. Other Links open...just my 'html' is an issue??? I did a 'scan now' and nothing showed up, but of course that is for Windows.
I use and have been using Kaspersky and Prevxx for several years and not had an issue.
I don't use restore points and actually cannot even remember when this all occurred.
I thank you for your time. And look forward to experienced comments.

Advertisements

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Sorry for the delay in this reply. I have been on a project.
I thought that I should post what I found out and now the problem is gone. My ISP server was fiddling with their settings and all my mail was being converted from 'html' to 'plain text' and ended up in the Junk Mail Box.
I hope that this never happens to other members as it is really annoying. Here all the time I thought that it was something wrong with my notebook programs.
Cheers.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
ISPs have the "mind set" that they have you locked in for service and do not have to notify you of maintenance changes, etc.. We are locked in everywhere by CableOne here in South MS. The installers are nice as can be, great Internet help on any problems you may have 24/7, but let you know about any changes in Internet services...nope. They DO notify you quickly about an increase in your rates. :)