Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Notebook is taking forever to load to the desktop

• Please log in to reply

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
will try the mal-ware removal when my system boots up again... thanks guys!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
See my previous post. You have a active infection. Please follow the instructions I posted.

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Just got my notebook up again... will do trusted tech! Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and good luck. We will monitor this topic for your return if you need it when done with Malware Forum. Please let us know how everything works out when you are done there. :) :)

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Good Morning! So it took me a while but I was able to run Malwarebytes and TFC and ran the Defrag afterwards but it is still taking a while to boot to the desktop..... I will attach a the new autoruns txt in a bit! Thanks!

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Good Morning! So it took me a while but I was able to run Malwarebytes and TFC and ran the Defrag afterwards but it is still taking a while to boot to the desktop..... I will attach a the new autoruns txt in a bit! Thanks!

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok! Here is the new Autoruns.txt after I did everything i mentioned above! Thanks Guys!

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

X "DVDLauncher" "CyberLink PowerCinema Resident Program"
+ "ehTray" "Media Center Tray Applet"
+ "ISUSPM Startup"
+ "ISUSScheduler"
+ "McRegWiz"
+ "MCUpdateExe"
+ "QuickTime Task"
+ "RealTray"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "Digital Line Detect.lnk"
+ "asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb" (This alarms me because it may be a infection)
+ "hsf7husjnfg98gi498aejhiugjkdg4" (This alarms me because it may be a infection)
+ "Yjafosi8kdf98winmdkmnkmfnwe" (This alarms me because it may be a infection)

The next file needs to be manually disabled and is only needed if you use multi language on your keyboard. If you do then skip the step.

To turn off just ctfmon.exe go to:

Control Panel then to Regional and Language Options

Click on the Languages Tab then click the Details button

Click on the Advanced tab

Check the box that says Turn off advanced text services option

Click A and then OK

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Cannot find these: where else can i find them if they do not show up in the autoruns logon
+ "McRegWiz"
+ "MCUpdateExe"
+ "asg984jgkfmgasi8ug98jgkfgfb"
+ "hsf7husjnfg98gi498aejhiugjkdg4"
+ "Yjafosi8kdf98winmdkmnkmfnwe"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not sure where they are then because I took those right from your log. They should be there. the last three really make me think you have a active infection which could be the root of all the problems.

Advertisements

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
here is another autruns.txt let me know if they are there... not showing with ctr-f either!

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
here you go.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just got this message from one of the Malware Moderators who has been watching this topic.

hsf7husjnfg98gi498aejhiugjkdg4 alone is associated with 5 different trojans

This means you have a nasty infection and therefor I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

DFR

DFR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks alot everyone..... It looks like im going to run the malware removal tool again.. If all else fails.. going to have to consider saving files and doing a clean install. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Don't just run the tutorial start a topic and one of the techs will help you make sure the system is clean. Infections hide from the beginning tools. The malware Techs have more advance scanning programs they can use that look deeper into your system then normal. I have seen very few infections they cannot clean and if so they will assist you with that also. Do the tutorial and supply the requested logs in a new topic in that forum and please be patient as they are extremely bus there. Good luck and I will continue to monitor this topic for your return and hopefully a resolution once you are cleaned.