Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two "Bluetooth Places" on Desktop & Taskbar Tray

• Please log in to reply

Daren

Daren

• Pip
  • 7 posts
This is a bit difficult to describe, but I'll try to lay it out chronologically.

I have a USB bluetooth dongle that worked with my mouse and I had zero problems with Windows XP installing drivers for it. But I decided to try out a Nintendo Wii Remote on bluetooth. Windows could not detect and configure it correctly so I decided to install Bluesoleil. I had thought that it would replace how I have my bluetooth configured. Instead I had two bluetooth programs running with two different desktop icons and taskbar trays. One of them is configured to my current set up while the other one doesn't believe I have the bluetooth hardware. I think this is causing the series of BSoD I have been experiencing since these appeared.

My memory is kind of hazy at this point, but I believe I ran Windows Install Clean Up. After that, there was no trace of Bluesoleil in my start menu shortcuts. I tried repairing/uninstalling it with the installer, but the program believes isn't installed.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure if these are related to each other.

Advertisements

Daren

Daren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Anyone? Help?

Daren

Daren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Again? Help? I discovered that one of the Bluetooth icons is actually Bluesoleil, since it has a pop-up reminding me of a newer version.