Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intel Atom N280 w/ Nvidia Ion LE vs Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 for Hulu

• Please log in to reply

flyav

flyav

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi guys,
Just wanted a quick opinion on these 2 setups and which would be able to stream video better

Intel Atom N280 with Nvidia Ion LE graphics cards, 3 Gb Ram

or

Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 with Intel Graphics Accelerator 4500MHD, 4 Gb Ram

I know that Core 2 Duo is the better processor but this is a low end model and I hear a lot of great things about Ion. What do you guys think, with the ability to stream video from Hulu as the only criteria.

Thanks for your help

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
If all you want to do is stream video, I think either of them should work fine. I've also heard lots of goodness about the Ion setup, but haven't actually had any experience with them yet.

Ask the sales if you can see it in action, then you can just buy whichever is cheapest if they both work. :)

flyav

flyav

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the reply
Testing is a good idea but unfortunately I have yet to find an Ion setup in BB or other stores nearby. I pretty much do all my shopping online anyways. I have done some research online and found on that Hulu is highly CPU intensive and that Flash has yet to really fully utilize Ion (though in the future it should take a lot of load off the CPU). The price difference between the 2 computers is $100, and on the one hand I lose the graphics card but I gain the Core 2 Duo processor over the Atom, an extra 2 GBs ram, Windows 7 64bit over the 32 with the other computer, and an extra 100GB HD space so I am leaning towards the Core 2 Duo at this point. I will let you guys know what my final decision is.

princessmaryam

princessmaryam

• Pip
  • 1 posts

flyav check out Lootlo.pk it best online shopping website :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,037 posts

It is unlikely that flyav will respond to your reply princessmaryam being that the OP was 28 November 2009 - 12:52 AM  ;)