Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tons of problems

• Please log in to reply

psychofreke

psychofreke

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Here is a list of my problems:

I have restored all defaults on IE.

Downloaded Firefox: get error "the connection was refused" anytime I try to access any page through it. Same thing with Opera.

MSN Explorer will not connect.

When I try to log into hotmail, I get the sign in page, but when I click log in, I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable." This also happens when I try to log in on e-bay.

When I try to retrieve messages on Microsoft outlook through my ISP, I get "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.

I'm wondering if a windows restore will help these problems? Everything was fine a week ago. It just started giving me problems Friday. This is causing me a lot of problems because all of my favorites are in MSN Explorer, and all of my contacts are in hotmail. Right now I'm having to use my yahoo account which does nothing but collect tons of junk mail.

Edited by psychofreke, 18 May 2005 - 03:13 AM.

Advertisements

psychofreke

psychofreke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
System Restore not restoring either. I would use Norton GoBack, but I didn't install that until after the problems started...

I can't run windows update or anything else that requires ActiveX. The information bar says my security settings won't allow it. I tried changing my security settings to allow ActivX and it still didn't work. I've restored my browser settings to their defaults again. Still nothing...

Another problem I'm having that I don't understand:

I have EVERYTHING that has to do with my computer except the monitor hooked up on a power strip. I know, the monitor should be too, I just ran out of space. Anyway, Whenever we turn a light on or off in our apartment, my speakers make a small pop sound.

I also seem to be having some hardware issues. Please click here to view.

Edited by psychofreke, 17 May 2005 - 12:30 PM.