Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking between Windows 7 and XP

• Please log in to reply

CB_Epyon

CB_Epyon

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi there. I purchased a new computer on Black Friday which contained Windows 7 Home. I want to be able to share things like music and video from my XP Pro (64 bit) computer to my Win7 computer and vise versa. I have looked at some guides and I follow the instructions and I still cant seem to " see " my XP computer in the Network screen of Win 7. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
pretty good guide here
follow the guide step by step...

CB_Epyon

CB_Epyon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I followed them step by step. I can see my XP computer from the Win 7 but I can't see any files from my Win 7 when I am using XP. I am running Norton Internet Security on Win 7 in case that matters. A friend told me it may have something to do with Nortons firewall but again, I don't know where to start.