Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Search Results for Your Name Reveal Your Facebook Friends Even

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Now this is new! If you have a Facebook account, searching for your name in Google will turn up not only a link to your Facebook page, but includes a list of your friends, as well! And that’s even if your privacy settings on Facebook are set to disallow public access, such as the “only My Networks and Friends can see my profile and personal info” settings.
Is this a deal between Facebook and Google? Did Google intentionally tweak their search algorithm to include the Facebook "friends" information? Does Facebook know? Did they help them do it?

More: http://www.smartestc...mp;#entry141849

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
The time has finally come my friend...

If you want your privacy, then smash your network card. :) Or just unplug the ethernet cable... :)

ektor

ektor

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
That' Violating Our Human Right's.Its' Come My Friend The END IS NEAR :)