Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Media Center Won't Boot after Automatic Update

• Please log in to reply

Timbydude2

Timbydude2

• Pip
  • 5 posts
After recently restarting after automatic updates had been installed in Windows XP Media Center Edition, no boot mode works. Any safe mode or last working config either shuts down or gives this BSOD:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8ACB1990, 0x80000003, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I do have the Media Center discs, but my computer won't recognize them at startup. I have the AlienRespawn discs (it's an Alienware), but I have data on the computer that I cannot lose. This is very urgent, as I have multiple projects almost completed on my hard drive that are due very soon.

Any little help or advice is welcome! I will be extremely grateful for any advice or help, as this is very, very urgent. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Changed title as it didn't make sense.

EDIT AGAIN: First error in parentheses changed after a new BSOD? Everything else is still the same. Old was 0x8AC7CA68 in case you were wondering.

Edited by Timbydude2, 28 November 2009 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements