Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't reinstall audio device driver

• Please log in to reply

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I have a yellow question mark in device manager under Other devices/ Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. When I try to reinstall the driver, I get the error message that the wizard could not find the necessary software.

I have a Lenovo SL500 model number 27463SU. Can you help me get my sound back? Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you get the drivers from HERE

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes, I downloaded 6aa112ww.exe from the Lenovo site and the install wizard tells me the file already exists on my computer. I overwrited the existing file a couple of times, but still no luck.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried the suggestions located HERE especially the one on UUA I think it is.

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I apologize for this dumb question. I read through the entire string of posts, but I don't see details on how to find the Microsoft uaa driver. When I look in device manager, I can't find it -- I looked under Other devices and Sound, video and game controllers.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Start at post 5 and if that doesn't help then reboot into Safe Mode
Go to Device Manager and right click on the driver for audio and uninstall it.
Reboot into normal mode and see if it will install itself.
Does it work then?

mjkpucks

mjkpucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The uninstall process got me going down the right track, and the problem is solved. Thank-you!!!!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible