Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Onboard sound problem, onboard video problem, or firmware issue?

• Please log in to reply

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey guys...

On my new build, I've noticed that when I'm watching HD video, I notice that sometimes the sound goes slightly out of pitch, and sometimes pops or stutters during playback. It's almost as if the sound is having sync issues. Normally I watch stuff in VLC, but I also noticed it in Miro. I'm currently running Windows 7 Enterprise, and my motherboard is a Gigabyte g41m-es2h with onboard sound.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Edited to add:

Only seems as if the problem is when watching higher definition video. Anything that's got a lower bitrate seems to be OK. This problem also doesn't occur when playing high bitrate FLAC files. So, I'm starting to think it's a slight lack in video power? I also have onboard video that I'm running.

Edited to clarify details

Edited by L.Martofel, 29 November 2009 - 03:42 PM.

Advertisements

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
More info:

It mostly happens with .mkv files and with H.264 files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.